A request to all the participants of The Fifth Night Marathon to read this manual carefully. Index:
- How to reach the race center?
- Where exactly is the application center?
- Application and the registration fee
- Applications on the race day
- Starting packages take-over
- The right to participate on the races
- Time limits
- Recommended accommodation
How to reach the race center?
From intercity bus station/railroad station with bus no. 4 or on foot.
Where exactly is the race center?
Sunčani kej (Sunny quay), Djačko igralište (FC Index stadium), next to Faculty of Philosophy (Dr Zorana Đinđića 2 street), Novi Sad.
Date and schedule
- Saturday, June 28th, 2014
- Taking over starter packs and new applications from 5PM until 8PM.
- Manifestation opens at 8PM
- Mini marathon starts at 8:30PM.
- Marathon and half-marathon start at 9:45PM
- Mini marathon winners ceremony 10:15PM
- Half marathon winners ceremony 00:00AM or when all winners finish their races
- Marathon winners ceremony 01:30AM or when all winners finish their races
- Manifestation closing 03:45AM or when all runners finish their races.
Applications and the registration fee
|on the race day||1000 RSD / 10€||Starting number, finishing medal, diploma, on-course refreshment and refreshment on the finish.|
Applications on the race day
Exclusively on the race day in the application center from 5PM until 8PM. Competitor must sign a consent of participation on their own risk. For all minors, a written consent of the parent or authorized person / coach is required . Starting fee is 1000 din for which you don’t get a T-shirt with your starting number. Location of the application center is marked in the map below.
Starter packs take over
Exclusively on the race day in the application center from 5PM till 8PM. Every participant must sign a written consent of participating on their own risk before taking over the starting package.
The organizer leaves the wardrobe onto competitors free usage. The competitors will be able to leave their belongings with starting number shown to authorized personnel. After the race, you can pick up your belongings by presenting your starting number. The wardrobe will be located just next to the application center.
Right to participate in the races
Adults – they have a right to participate at their own risk on every race.
Minors* – CAN NOT compete on the marathon race, and for participation on the mini-marathon or half-marathon THEY MUST enclose the written consent of parent or certified coach.
*All persons under age of 18 on the race day are considered to be minors.
Finishers on all three races receive a medal, participants’ diploma and refreshment at the finish.
THERE ARE NO MONEY PRIZES NOR AGE CATEGORIES.
Most of its course follows the natural Danube flow. Start and finish of all three races are on the Students’ playground on FC Index stadium. The course is mostly circular.The length of the lap is 6700m for half-marathon runners and 170m longer for marathon runners. Mini marathon runners run one shortened lap of 6 km, half marathon-runners 3 laps, and marathon runners 6 laps.
The track itself will be clearly marked and maximally secured with over 80 volunteers along its course in charge of the runners safety. On turns, as well as on Start-Goal positions, referees will be located. Refreshment stations will be set on the turns, one containing only water, and the other one will have, besides water, fruit, dextrose and alike.
Novelty regarding previous Night marathon is that marathon and half-marathon runners will set off from FC Index football stadium and run a lap of honor on the same stadium!
Rules on the fifth Night marathon
- Fair competition – if the competitor upsets the other competitors he/she will be disqualified.
- Shortening the course isn’t allowed. – referees and monitors will control this. Every competitor has a right to report any troublemaking but exclusively judge/monitor decide about disqualification.
- Overall time measurement – for placement, bruto race time will be taken exclusively, from the moment of start, until the moment when the competitor crosses the finish line.
- Every competitor is obliged to wear his starting number clearly visible on his chest. It is every competitor’s obligation to cooperate with the judges so nobody gets disqualified.
Races are limited to enable everyone to finish them. 🙂
- Marathon 42,2km – 6h limit
- Half-marathon 21,1 km – 3h limit
- Mini-marathon 6km – 60 min. limit
For all additional questions about the 5th Night marathon, feel free to write to us on> firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizer retains the right to change the details of this announcement. All changes will be timely announced and published on this site.